Friday, July 31, 2026

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening, it is a chilly and windy evening. Needless to say, I am in the studio. Actually sitting here attempting to think of something to ramble about. I suppose if I think too long it defeats the idea of rambling. I have found though, that if too little thought is applied, it is unknown which station the train of thought might choose to stop at and discharge a few tidbits of knowledge. If I were to be totally honest though, much of what I pass along is not very valuable knowledge.

No real sunset tonight because of all the clouds. Here is the photo I took when I went to check. 



I also took this photo of my lilies from the top view which has been fun to watch get bigger just like the front view photos I have been taking. 




These small lilies are not as showy, but they are still pretty. 



Rambling along, speaking of small, here are a few pics of our favorite “weed” tomatoes first fruits. 



I did not get a photo, but yesterday the car in front of me slammed on their brakes and just missed a coyote. It was a rather ratty looking one. It was coming away from Whitney Pond so it could have just been swimming for all I know. Not for me to judge but it should not have gone swimming alone..

Carol told you about us going to Rangeley, here is my mandatory on the way home pic. 



We would have had to have waited about 15 minutes for the sun to sunset. I prudently chose not to suggest it. This proved to have been a good decision as Carol mentioned later that if I had wanted to stay she was leaving and I could walk home. Who says I make bad decisions?

I think the roller coaster of the weather temperatures is about to head back up and may stay there for a while. Who knows, two days ago they were calling for 2” of rain for our area for today. We got none. Time will tell.

In the studio I am still puttering along with quilt #40. There is a lot of piecing involved in the process of creation. Here is a 24” block showing you an idea where I am heading with it. 



My class last Saturday went ok. It was on the Corner Pop tools. They really don’t make a block shape, they alter a block to add interest to a block or sashing strip. It is more of a concept allowing an individual to use their imagination to add their own twist to a project. I am always amazed when people look at me with fear in their eyes when I mention the concept of “their imagination”. Many people are unaware they even have one. Sometimes I wish I had less of one, but I’m rambling.

This Saturday’s class is on the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star. This makes a fun block and it is fun to see the light bulbs go off as students realize they just made one and it came out that good and really wasn’t that hard. It should be a fun class.

It’s later in the evening now and it is raining. Seems like no wind anyway now. I like that, don’t need it to pour though either. Picky ain’t I?

Why don’t you all be sure and have a great weekend, stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ Thursday evening, it is a chilly and windy evening. Needless to say, I am in the studio. Actually sitting here attempting to th...