Friday, August 2, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening, not a whole lot going on around here. This is tonight’s sunset. 


 
Carol told you about me weeding and swimming. Well I wed for a while today but saw no need to swim again. The water has receded on the far end of the beach and it is hard to believe that I had it all cleaned up last fall. The twigs and pine cones extend in a band 6’ wide just offshore. Oh well, something to whittle away at.

Alas, my big lily is through for the season. 



Here is a close up of the last bloom. 



My other lily that survived the rodents is still holding on. 



No way near as potent smelling as the big white one was. A few plants are struggling but most are doing fine. We still are giving many cucumbers and a few tomatoes away to the neighbors.

In the studio progress is being made on #19 for 2024. It is to be another setting of polka dot four patches. I’m predicting some Lemoyne Stars in this one to see if I remember how to do something other than four patches. I did figure out how to do the stitch around the bear in the last one. Trust me, that took a few minutes. We may see more of that in the future. But right now it’s all about the polka dot.

Erin was sick the other day so we did not make it up to the musical. However, I had picked her some blueberries to take up, so Carol and I brought them up to her on Tuesday. A quick drop off, no visiting. We came back the Height of Land so here is the mandatory shot from there.



I’m still waiting for the parts to see if I can get trike running this summer. You guessed it time will tell.

No pics, but we saw a lot of turtles of all sizes on our kayak ride after supper. I suppose I could show you an old pic of turtles on a log and you’d never know the difference. However, I am a believer in truth in blogging or rambling or whatever I am doing.

I have a task I need to attack before too long. I have been putting it off since spring. I had to put a sump pump basin in the crawl space under our house because the water was so high. Of course at the time the best I could do was a temporary placement that kept the water below the water pump. Fast forward to now. Now I need to get underneath and dig a better hole and place the sump basin in stone and pipe it to the outside. Twenty years ago not that big a deal, I did that type of stuff all the time. So far I have put it off until August, I guess I need to get it done. I have a couple other crawl space plumbing jobs to do as well. I spent most of my life in a crawl space, not looking forward to it. But I guess I do what I need to do until I can’t, then someone else can be hired to do it. Maybe I’ll start next week. Time will tell.

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend, I’ll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...