Friday, June 28, 2024

Quilts and a Recipe

Carol here ~ 

I've had a couple good out front patio binding sessions this week.


I finished up 2024-3 earlier in the week

2024-3

and 2024-4 yesterday.



Lena and I also got the quilting done on 2024-14.


So, I had a productive beginning of the week.  However, I had my chemo treatment on Wednesday and it slowed me down quite a bit yesterday.  I did get a walk in but spent the rest of the day sitting around.  Not what I was planning on doing but....

I made Bean Salad last week, thought I would share the recipe with you.  We love this recipe, it's quick and easy and tastes great.  Just remember to make it the day before you want to eat it as the longer it sits the better it is.  

I think my original recipe came from an old Marjorie Standish cookbook.

Bean Salad

1 can green beans
1 can yellow beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup red pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery (I don't use as I don't like celery)

Drain, rinse and combine together.  

Whisk together

2/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup salad oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Pour over bean mixture and mix well.  Refrigerate until next day.

Yum! I need to make it again.

We have no plans for this last weekend of June, how about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Quilts and a Recipe

Carol here ~  I've had a couple good out front patio binding sessions this week. I finished up 2024-3 earlier in the week 2024-3 and 202...