Friday, March 15, 2024

I Baked!

Carol here ~ 

It's my turn to bring snack to the Friday morning sewing group today. I rarely bake other than my oat flour muffins and sprouted wheat bread.  Occasionally bread or rolls for the grandkids.  So, wasn't sure what I was going to make.  I looked through a few of my old recipes and found this one of my mother's called Louise's Brownies.  I have no idea who Louise was or if my mother knew either.  Anyway, my mother made these quite often and they are pretty good ~ really sweet and chewy.



Here is the recipe ~

Louise's Brownies

1/2 cup margarine
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I didn't use the nuts)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray

Melt the margarine, add sugar, eggs and vanilla
Beat until smooth
Sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture
Mix until combined
Pour batter into prepared pan. (will be thick) Spread to cover bottom of pan
Spread chocolate chips on top.

Back for 20-25 minutes or until barely golden brown.  Do not over bake.
Remove from oven, cool completely before slicing.

We still have a few icebergs in the pond along with another dock that floated down from somewhere.  We had a dock and a float end up at our end last fall and now this one.  Dan tried to haul it in but it has legs on one end that were stuck in the sand.  In the meantime, the wind shifted so now we don't know where it is.


The water is pretty much up to the wall.


Guess we will wait and see how much rain we get in the next few weeks to see how high it goes.

I finished the binding on quilt #35 for 2023.  I really like this one. The weather was nice enough yesterday to get an outside picture.

2023-35

2023-35

I also got started on the quilting on #4 for 2024.  Skipped #3 because I couldn't find a backing here at the house and didn't feel like going out to storage.

2024-4

Should be able to finish up this afternoon.

Another weekend is upon us, stay safe and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I used to have that recipe practically memorized, we made them so often!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...