Friday, March 29, 2024

Go Away Rain!

Carol here ~ 

Ugh, this rain, it doesn't quit! The water is up to the top of the bottom step on the steps to the beach. (or what should be the beach)


Probably higher this morning after yesterday's and last night's rain.

My sister's grandson, Alex, wanted to know where the beach was. I think it's going to be a while before we have one bud.

I finished the quilting yesterday on Dan's #5 for 2024.  I used the pattern BUTTERFLY BLOSSOMS.

2024-5

This is the quilt off Lena longarm before the batting and backing have been trimmed.

2024-5

Pretty much all the quilts we have been doing have about the same amount of batting left on the bottom and trimmed off.  I have been saving all the pieces, I have quite a pile of them, because I have a plan.

The batting is wide enough for a table runner.  I thought I might find a digitized quilting pattern for table runners but most of the ones I found were for holidays.  So, if I want to use up this pile of batting it looks like I will be free motion quilting again.

I'm trying to get caught up on all Dan's quilt first so I can take my time and play.  Hope I remember how to free motion, maybe it's like riding a bike?

The Bluebirds have continued to come and go to and from the feeder. They arrive en masse, a dozen or more at a time.  They are so pretty!


I haven't been too consistent with my walking. It's either raining or the road is so muddy and rutty it's like an obstacle course.  Plus, after the storm last week the town just plowed one narrow pass down the road so it's not too safe as there is nowhere to go to get out of the way of vehicles.

There were two yahoos out in a canoe the other evening.  Temp was 38 degrees, Dan says water temp in 44 degrees. They did not have life jackets on, were drinking beer and one of the guys kept standing up. Yikes! We kept an eye on them, they made it back to shore.  Dipshits.

If you have to be out and about in this rain and fog make sure you have your vehicle lights on!  

Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...