Tuesday, January 2, 2024

A Quilt-y Weekend

Carol here ~

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

We spent most of the weekend in the quilting studio.

Dan ended up with a total of 45 quilts pieced in 2023.  Lena and I have quilted 32 of them.  We organized the 13 left and made sure we had bindings cut and numbered for all of them.

To be quilted

Bindings cut

Here are the finished quilts ~ quilted, bound and washed.


There is a few from 2022 in there too.

These four are quilted, the binding is stitched to the front waiting for me to hand stitch to the back.


Hand stitching the binding used to be my favorite part of quilt making ~ not so much anymore.  My hands don't work like they used to!  

Lena and I quilted #32 yesterday, used the digitized pattern Harvest Winds from Urban Elementz.

2023-32

2023-32

I did get it finished but have one little section that I need to rip out and re-quilt. The thread jumped out of the tension assembly and made quite the bird's nest on the back.  Only a couple of inches though before I caught it.

I also cleaned up my sewing corner ~ vacuumed, washed down my side of the work table etc.


Told Dan he needed to clean his side also as his dust bunnies were encroaching on my side.  He just laughed at me.

I also made sleeves for two of grandson Evan's Greatful Dead tapestries so he could hang them in his dorm room. Those things make me dizzy!

This weather! We were talking to our up the pond neighbors yesterday and they were saying they were usually skating on the pond now.  

This was Saturday, no ice at all. 

12/30/23

It's 18 degrees this morning so should at least have a thin layer of ice formed.  Crazy!

Have a great first week of 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...