Friday, October 20, 2023

Carol here ~ 

We had a most beautiful double rainbow the other day.  It lasted a long time, usually they come and go pretty quickly.

I finished the binding on quilt #21.

2023-21

Quilts #22 and #24 are quilted and the binding is cut but that is as far as got.  I should be able to get the bindings on this weekend and start hand stitching them down as it's suppose to be another rainy one.  Blah.

2023-24


I love my Lena Longarm!  Her thread tension is amazing, I very rarely have to make adjustments.  With my previous longarm I was always crawling under the machine with  a flashlight to check thread tension on the back of the quilt.  That's a good thing as I'm not as agile as I used to be!

I made a batch of yeast rolls yesterday (two dozen) and will make another batch this morning.  This King Arthur recipe is the best!


I am taking them to our neighbors at the top of the hill as they are having a Celebration of Life for their son that recently passed away.  

The flowers out front are gone for another year.  Looks pretty bare out there.  Dan started pressure washing the pavers to try to get the moss out from between them.  Think he made more work for himself as the moss washed out but also the polymeric sand between the pavers.


Rain isn't suppose to start until after lunch so hopefully will get my rolls made and a walk in before it does.

Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...