Wednesday, January 26, 2022

More Quilting

Carol here ~

I have been getting quite a bit of quilting done. I finished up the binding on DOUBLE TROUBLE so that one is completely done. I love this quilt!  Probably because it has so many fabrics in it that we carried in the quilt shop. 



Lena and I then finished up the quilting on CHURN DASH SURPRISE and I have been puttering on hand stitching the binding to the back of the quilt.


Next I loaded RONA 20 (no name yet) onto Lena and quilted that. Dan wanted me to use the digital quilting pattern called Dragonfly Dance as there are dragonflies in the focus fabric.




It is quilted and waiting for binding.



Do you see the shock cord with the toggles that runs down the front length of Lena? Best invention ever!



I use it to keep the quilt square and the rows straight as I roll the quilt. I align the toggles at the outer border, inner border and in the center. I can adjust as needed as I roll the quilt, making sure those toggles continue to line up. I use the cord to keep everything lined up horizontally.

The result is a perfectly square quilt!



What a gorgeous day yesterday!  I actually made it to the end of Old County Road on our walk ~ first time since last April.  I have been getting a few walks in every week, trying to go a bit farther every time.  


My back is still giving me issues, it tends to tighten up as I walk so occasionally I have to bend with my hands on my knees to stretch it out.  I'm hoping the walking will help make it stronger.



Well, we've almost made it through January ~ only 52 more days until spring!  Be here before we know it....

2 comments:

  1. I do that with my back as well but...if you completely relax your head and let it "hang" it does even more and helps your neck. just an FYI. Have a very happy day! Hi Dan :)

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...