Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here. Can’t believe that it is Tuesday night already. I read a line in a book the other day that really struck me ~ “the days are long but the years are short.” That hit me as so true. I remember days long ago I thought would never end. They started early and ended quite late. They dragged on and on. But then, I realize I am thinking of them as though they were yesterday when, in fact, the memories are from thirty years ago. The days are long but the years are short.

All is well here on the pond.

The door quilt top is complete. Alas, there was not enough of the blue left to use for the border. So a trip to the storage stash was in order. I found a red that would work and is all sewn on. 



I will be getting a back ready tonight. As soon as Carol feels up to sitting upstairs and explaining to me what I need to do to convince Lena that it is ok for her to do her thing for me, I will attempt to quilt it.

I’ve seen a deer the last couple of afternoons when I have gone for a walk. A small doe, quite possibly last years addition to the gene pool. Wildlife is very plentiful around here. I have had some good days walking and hopefully this week finds me back on track.

The flowers are doing quite well. They have appeared to have gotten over transplant shock and are growing quite nicely. 


The yellow lily is new this year and is quite showy. 




My big tall lily has quite a few buds coming on it so I’ll have to wait with my fingers crossed. In Rangeley I would have had to start worrying about the deer snipping off the buds as they so loved to do. Several years I never saw a blossom. 

I’ll go work on the door quilt back and talk to you next Monday. Enjoy your time until then, I will, and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.


Yesterday's storm rolling in.  Photo by Terri.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...