Wednesday, April 14, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Well, I haven’t accomplished much of anything this week. My back is acting up. Again. It always seems when I can’t bend that everything I touch I either drop or spill.

This is the mess Dan got up to yesterday morning ~ yep, my oatmeal all over the floor.


I have managed to get my minimum number of steps by walking around the house or around the driveway, not much fun though.

Quilting friend, Kim, brought me her quilt yesterday for Lena and I to quilt for her. It’s a big one ~ king size. We picked out thread color and the quilting pattern. Hoping I can get it loaded by the end of the week, might need Dan’s help for this but once it’s loaded I should be able to continue from there.


I am signed up for another Virtual Retreat with Michelle Hiatt and Lynn Wheatley at the end of this month. I have chosen the pattern LIBERTY COURT as my project. I am only making the wall hanging size as I need a quilt for the wall over our bed in the bedroom and this is the perfect size.

Here are some of the fabrics I have picked out at this point. I need to go to our storage unit of fabric to see what I have to go with. Definitely using that dragonfly print ~ I love it!


We are starting to see more activity around the ponds ~ spring clean up, construction etc.  Everyone getting their work done now so they can play later!

Sounds good to me....

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous fabric selections. Looking forward to progress reports. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...