Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Foliage

Carol here ~

We went to a soccer game in Rangeley yesterday.  Heard the foliage was just about at peak so we left early enough for a few stops on the way.

It was a pretty ride up and yes, I would say it's peak leaf peeping time.  We took a few photos but you just don't get the color using your iphone camera.

Here are a few we took for you to enjoy.

Height of Land

Mooselookmeguntic Lake

Rangeley Lake from the Noyes Overlook




And here is the Height of Land from our way home.


I finished up the quilting on quilt #18.  I had to do a bit of tweaking on Lena Longarm, finally got her working again when the power turned off and on.  GRRR.  It shut us down in the middle of a row.  So, I unplugged her to deal with the next day.

It took me 35 minutes the next morning to get the pattern lined up and ready to go again.  Quilted a couple of rows then decided to shut down for lunch and a walk.  Thank goodness as the power went off again and stayed off for a couple of hours.  

Anyway, I finished it up the next morning so she is done!

2024-18

I also got the binding completed on 2024-12.

2024-12

All the windows have been washed, inside and out.  I had Dan help me with the upstairs ones and the outside of the three big front windows.  I did the rest thinking as I was washing them about all the windows in our Rangeley house and The Quilt Inn ~ thirty plus in each house.  Sure am happy not to be still washing all of them!

We still have the kayaks out so have been taking advantage of these beautiful days to get out on the pond.  Water hasn't gotten too cold yet either, there were a couple people swimming at one of the rentals up the pond the other day.


And here is one last pic from the Height of Land.


Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...